Our wedding invitations are in the mail, yay! Here are the step-by-step instructions to add your own little surprise to envelopes.
You will need:
- old book pages
- piece of card
- cutting mat
- glue roller
1. Open your envelope flat and trace around it with a pencil onto card.
2. Measure and mark out another line 1cm inside the first one. Cut out.
3. Trace around your template on the book pages.
4. Cut out as many liners as required.
5. Roll glue around inner edge of liner. Slip inside envelope, 1cm from edge. Press down firmly. (Note: The glue roller ripped the fragile old paper I was working with. It is ideal for use on thick, new paper but I would recommend using a glue stick, double-sided tape or spray adhesive if you are using delicate paper.)
I won’t lie, this was quite time consuming. But if you’re after a budget-friendly addition to your envelopes, DIY liners could be for you.