I had recently heard about fillable baubles and got thinking about the possibilities. When I found them at the store, though, I was disappointed. There was a huge rim around the middle and they were made of thick plastic rather than clear, fine glass. Hmm. Then I remembered that glass baubles actually have quite a large hole at the top if you remove the hanger.
Obviously you have to choose objects that are flexible enough to fit through the hole. I opted for some fluffy white feathers and an appropriate photo (can you see the ‘My first Christmas’ bib?)
You will need:
- Large clear glass baubles
- Photograph or feathers
- Clear nylon thread
1. Remove the metal hanger by squeezing the wire.
2. Insert your object through the hole.
3. If you are using a photo, you will need to roll it up first.
4. Uncurl the photo or rearrange feather using tweezers.
5. Replace the metal hanger.
6. Attach a loop of nylon thread for hanging.
If you have any other suggestions of what to fill them with, share with us in the comments.