Our kitchen after its budget makeover.
Yesterday we went through some no-cost ways to refresh your home. If you want to go one step further but still have a modest decorating budget, here are some project ideas that won’t cost an arm and a leg.
- Replace hardware such as cupboard door handles and taps
- Create affordable artwork made from an old book, a greeting card, a postcard or a calendar
- Cover books with pretty patterned paper
- Pick up a cheap secondhand piece of furniture and make it over with paint
- Add a gallery wall using affordable frames
- Freshen up your kitchen, laundry or bathroom with tile paint
- Add some colour by painting the back of your shelves
- Trawl second-hand shops, op shops, garage sales and Craigslist/Gumtree for affordable (or even free!) and unique decor and furniture
- Give a chair a new lease on life by restoring and reupholstering it
- Update a piece of cheap furniture with spray paint
- Opt for indoor plants instead of cut flowers
- Hold out until what you want is on sale
- Never underestimate the power of paint
- Stretch a teatowel or piece of fabric over canvas to make a cheap but impressive artwork
Share your budget-friendly renovating and decorating projects in the comments!